Na ... Is baar SUR nahin MIL paya !

Posted by Praveen राठी in , , ,

I understand that this is an era of remixes and sequels and someone who came up with the idea of remixing / refilming / remaking THE ""Mile Sur" as "Phir Mile Sur" might be a genius in his own terms, but the end product is not at all appealing. Good that they did not come up with a new title and caption, something like "Phir Mile Sur - Chords strike again!"

Just look at the original version. It's so wonderful, melodious and it fills you with patriotism. While the older version (No, I won't call it OLD, I would prefer to call it ORIGINAL) ...

While the ORIGINAL version gives you a feel that you are a part of a great united nation INDIA, the new version left me thinking, "Oh, how much money they must have paid to these STARS?"

My fellow colleagues and friends had been asking me for a long time to watch this, but today only I got a chance to put my head into it. Here is the statement of account for this song.

Credits:
1) It is always a good idea to come up with something which instills the feeling of nationalism in society. So, some marks definitely for the idea.
2) OK, the beginning is great. I really love this part. AR Rahman (on the fingerboard) has given a beautiful push start to the song along with Big B.
3) Anoushka Shankar is awesome and no doubt that all the musicians are par excellence. They have done a wonderful job.
4) I really liked the fact that it features Sudarshan Patnaik.

Debits:
1) Having Shilpa Sheety or Priyanka Chopra is still understandable, but Deepika Padukone? And atleast they could have given her some better costumes. Disappointing!
2) When they could have Sonali Kulkarni to represent Maharashtra, why couldn't they have Lata Mangeshkar? No Javed Akhtar, no Gulzaar? Very sad!
3) And is that Shaimak Dawar in Blue Jeans who is dancing between those traditional dancers? Ha Ha ... they could have represented him in a much better way.
4) The people around Sonu Nigam are so confused and expressionless; they are just unable to understand what to do and the guy exactly behind him is actually angry on Sonu, can't he stand still and sing, why the hell is he blocking my view?
5) Though they have tried to keep Salman as SOBER as possible, he manages to do a typical Salman action before fading out of the scene.
6) I guess the makers of this video liked Shahid Kapoor too much in Kismat Konnection. They made him do the ditto.
7) Ranbir Kapoor is fast catching up with SRK with his "arm spreading" step. He must have seen SRK teliing on Farhan Akhtar's "Oye! It's Friday", this "arm spreading" step is a "universal" step and you can fix it anywhere you want.
8) I am not able to decide if it's a good or bad sign, and I am equally surprised too, "No Cricketers"? Or did I miss some part? I think they could have had someone of Kapil, Sunil, Sachin.
9) And on top of everything, it is an overdoze; it is too long to handle.

All in all, its more filmy than natural and the soul is very much missing.

While I am trying to be as less rude on this one as possible, let me admit that this NEW video has helped me understand the beauty of the ORIGINAL one even better. I am loving the ORIGINAL even more now. So, I would still like to thank ZOOM for coming up with this "apparently authentic parody".

This entry was posted on Sunday, January 31, 2010 at Sunday, January 31, 2010 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

6 Comments

well written Rathee.... no cricketers, so many film artists.... really Sur nahi Mil paya isbaar

February 1, 2010 at 1:24 AM

Deepika's piece was actually a sponsored item from Fiama di Wills. Hence her dress ;)

February 1, 2010 at 1:43 PM

@Souvik - thanks! aise chalta raha to aage bhi kabhi nahin milega.

@Asty - :)

February 3, 2010 at 5:44 AM
Anonymous  

I assure you.

October 26, 2010 at 8:34 AM

Well written truth....original parody was far better than this new one!!!

January 31, 2011 at 8:13 PM
Anonymous  

Aw, this was a really nice post. In idea I would like to put in writing like this additionally - taking time and actual effort to make a very good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate alot and by no means seem to get something done.

August 15, 2011 at 3:50 PM

Post a Comment