Powerpoint 2003 - File size

Posted by Praveen राठी in , ,

I am a bit confused about how Microsoft Office Powerpoint 2003 manages the size of the PPT. You can try this out. Follow these steps:
>> ... Create a fresh new PPT. Don't write anything into it.
>> ... Just save it on to your disk.
>> ... Check the size of the PPT file. For my case it is 8 KB.
>> ... Now save the file again (Ctrl+S). And now check the file size. It has changed. I got it as 13 KB.
>> ... Now keep saving this file again and again without writing anything into it (No change). You'll find the file size changing with every save you do. For me, it kept on increasing by 1 KB with every save.

Discovery: No change to the file, nor to its contents (absolutely untouched). Why is its size increasing with every save? Any answers?

Note: I tried doing the same with Powerpoint 2007. Everything is fine there. The size of the new PPTX file is 29.3 KB and the file size is not changing with subsequent saves. Looks like Microsoft has fixed the bug in this release.

This entry was posted on Monday, July 21, 2008 at Monday, July 21, 2008 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 Comments

Test Comment:
I have enabled Comment Moderation just now... So, just checking the notifications and all.

July 24, 2008 at 12:59 PM
Anonymous  

Oh! this is not valid for the blog administrator. I have to post a Comment as someone else
- Rathee

July 24, 2008 at 1:01 PM
Anonymous  

No! it still didn't work. Let me try to be ANONYMOUS
- Rathee

July 24, 2008 at 1:02 PM
Anonymous  

Last try:
I think the first comment logged me into the application. So, all comments were visible immediately :(
So, I logged out and giving it a final try.
- Rathee

July 24, 2008 at 1:07 PM
Anonymous  

Yes it worked!
- Rathee

July 24, 2008 at 1:07 PM

Post a Comment