Blog Theme - Should I cry?

Posted by Praveen राठी in , , ,

Abhishek - boy, you spoiled me...

Looking at the new look of Abhishek's blog (which is cool enough), I too thought of giving it a try. Though I had this idea at the back of my head for quite sometime, but thinking it's a high time now, I jumped into it.
I am struggling to find a decent theme for this blog. And I got to know one thing about myself in the past few hours - I am too choosy :D

I have scrolled through hundreds of themes by now and none of them caught my eye. I saw their live demos and in each and every theme, I found some limitations. So, thought of listing down the characteristics of the ideal (Where will I find it?) theme I am looking for. Here they are in decreasing order of priority:

--> Wide span. I just don't want to see the background. Only the contents of the blog.
--> Not more than two columns. Multiple columns will shrink the post area.
--> Not very broad [vertical length :)] header. It should be wide enough to house the Blog name and the Subtitle placed at a beautiful position and angle with proper spacing.
--> Colors: I can't list the colors I want to see (In fact, I am not so good at it!). Any combination will work for me provided it is simple and sober. No hard colors please!
--> I don't mind if there is no footer at all. Mostly people read the recent posts (at max top 2-3 posts) only. Who cares to scroll to the bottom of the page?

Now, with all these restrictions at hand, I started searching for the themes. And, I haven't find any yet which satisfies all the above criteria.
Still, when I finally settled with a theme (though not the ideal one, but thought of giving it a try just to see how it works), I uploaded the XML and got a similar error as Abhishek's. Thought of following the same path as him, I tried to submit the error with "Blogger Support". But the BOFA (Bank of America) network didn't allow me to cross it. Categorized the page under "Personal Homepages" and access denied.

The result is in front of you: I reverted back to my old template but without the widgets.

I have told my teammates at Bangalore that I have lots of work today and am very busy (in searching themes). So, no project work today! But, anyway I am not even getting success here.
:(

This entry was posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 at Friday, August 08, 2008 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 Comments

हमेशा की तरह उपयोगी जानकारी प्रदान की है।

August 8, 2008 at 4:11 PM

धन्यवाद तस्लीम जी |

लेकिन फिलहाल ये उपयोगी जानकारी मेरी जान और कारी दोनों के लिए मुसीबत बनी हुई है :(

August 8, 2008 at 4:27 PM

reminded me of days when i too searched foe themes for 2-3 days and without luck ... but i'll tell you my template ..wish I can design it myself.

Read my post

August 10, 2008 at 9:54 AM
Anonymous  

mm... strange post :))

December 12, 2009 at 11:05 PM

Post a Comment