Godse on Gandhi

Posted by Praveen राठी in , , ,

Since childhood, we have read so much about the great Mahatma Gandhi even as a part of our textbooks and school curriculum - His stories on non-violence, truthfulness, documentaries and movies on Gandhi. He has been one of the most influential personalities of all time at least in INDIA.

I was surfing the net when I came across this interview of TIME with Gopal Godse (brother of the infamous Nathuram Godse - assassin of Gandhi) on Mahatma Gandhi's policies, hypocricies and tactics. The interview was published on Feb 14, 2000. I don't know to what extent he was true. Read yourself and find.

Here it is: "His Principle of Peace Was Bogus"
And, here is another one with Rediff: "Gandhi used to systematically fool people, So, we killed him"

Neither am I a hard core Gandhi fan nor am I finding myself able to hate him much (may be because I have always heard myriad good and nice things about the great man) and I also understand that these guys killed him, so they must have had some grudges against him, still the above articles left me thinking.

Afterall every coin has two sides.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 at Tuesday, May 20, 2008 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 Comments

God knows the truth but learning best from someone is what we should believe. And there are lot of things to learn even after his death, from him.

May 21, 2008 at 10:34 AM

Post a Comment